"You get an amazing workout and it’s so much fun," says Basheerah Ahmad, founder of the fitness consulting firm 360 Transformation. She encourages celebrity clients like Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks, and Vivica A. Fox to use a mini trampoline in their exercise routines.
Fit these moves into your fitness regimen at least three times per week. For best results, repeat the sequence of three moves at least three times.
Basic Trampoline BounceThe basic bounce "seems simple, but it burns a lot of calories," Ahmad says. It also tones your quads, glutes, and calf muscles.
Continue reading below... 1. Stand on the mini trampoline with your feet about 6 inches apart.
2. Bend your arms, keeping your elbows at your sides.
3. With a slight bend in your knees, lightly bounce up and down. Your feet should come about 6 inches off the trampoline.
4. Repeat 30 times.
Trampoline Prances"This move will get your heart rate up and give you a great workout," Ahmad says.
1. Stand on the mini trampoline with your feet 6 inches apart.
2. With your hands on your hips and knees slightly bent, bounce on the balls of your feet, and alternate raising your right and left knees to hip level (mimicking the "knees up" running-in-place exercise from gym class).
3. Repeat 60 times (30 lifts per leg).
Trampoline Squats"You have to engage your core muscles to perform this move on an unstable surface," Ahmad says.
1. Stand on the mini trampoline with your feet together and arms at your sides.
2. Jump up, spread your feet just wider than shoulder width, and land in a squat position with your knees bent and thighs parallel to the ground -- as if you were going to sit down in a chair. Your arms should be straight out in front of you.
3. Lightly bounce back to your starting position and repeat 20 times.