As a flight attendant, I am in a different city, different time zone, different environment each night, this helps me.
If you can not sleep, here is the tip of the day:
1. Make the room as dark as possible
2. Put on an instrumental, low tempo, soothing play list such as ocean breezes, or calm winds blowing
3. Sleep face down with pillows on both sides of my face to keep light and noise out
4. Exercise to wear myself out before sleep
5. Take a relaxing shower (if at home, I would take a bath but not in a hotel room)
6. Turn all electronic devices face down so not to see any alerts, or put them in another room
If all of that fails, I will read a book with dim lights until I doze off.
I hope this help.